EVERYONE’S doing their “Top Ten” this and “Top Ten” that, so here’s a list I’ve been meaning to do for a while, and I’m inspired to write it today since it’s finally warm and sunny and – dare I say it? – summery.
So here are my all-time top ten summer songs – not necessarily songs that were hits during summers past (or even hits at all, come to think of it), but simply songs that, when I listen to them now, always remind me of beautiful, hot summer days and evenings. And no, John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John aren’t included.
1. Mr Blue Sky – ELO
2. Waterloo Sunset – The Kinks
3. Wake Up Boo! – The Boo Radleys
4. Nightingales – Prefab Sprout
5. Hold On – Wilson Phillips
6. Heat of the Moment – Asia
7. Selfish Days – Five Guys Named Moe (the band, not the musical)
8. Keep on Lovin’ You – REO Speedwagon
9. Crash – The Primitives
10. Dance Away – Roxy Music
Your own comments and suggestions always welcome.